Universal Static RAM tester is a high performance, low cost memory test solution, suggested in two versions – based on NI STS and PXI platforms.
The system uses NI PXIe-6556 200 MHz digital waveform generator/analyzer module, which features also per pin parametric measurement unit. The tester has four configurations, supporting 2, 4, 6 and 8 NI-6556 modules. The largest configuration of the system provides up to 190 digital channels.
The system allows performing a functional test of static RAM memories, as well as measure set of electrical parameters.
The system comprises of the hardware platform, adapter boards, and the software.
Test system’s software allows creating IC profiles, timing profiles, custom tests using convenient GUI.
The STS based version includes an adapter board, representing a standard interfacing board with a socket.
The PXI based solution includes adapter board implementing functions of line multiplexing, allowing connection of any IC pin to power or digital lines. This system includes a separate socket board, supporting wide temperature range (from -55C to +80C), for testing IC in temperature boxes.
Average system cost: $60.000 – $150.000 USD.
Main features of the tester solution are:
- Supports more than 2000 models of Static RAM memories
- Supports more than 20 IC package types
- Provides up to 192 digital channels (for the largest configuration) with up to 200 Mb/s data rate
- Includes the most popular tests, such as Checkerboard, Mats, March C-, etc.
- Allows creation of custom tests.
- Per pin programmable voltage levels
- Each digital line provides a parametric measurement unit
- Per pin timing resolution of 1 ns
- Report generation in MS Excel format